David Dunn-Rankin nominated as president of SNPA for 2015-16
David Dunn-Rankin, president and publisher of The Sun in Port Charlotte, Fla., will be nominated during the SNPA News Industry Summit to be the next president of SNPA.
SNPA members will elect officers for 2015-16 on Monday afternoon, Oct. 5, in Savannah, Ga.
It's not too late to register:
View the conference program
View a list of attendees registered for the Summit
Online registration for delegates and spouses
Online registration for sponsors and exhibitors
Register on paper (printed PDF)
In addition to Dunn-Rankin, the following nominations will be made for officers:
- Chairman: Charles Hill Morris, regional manager, Morris Multimedia, Atlanta, Ga.
- President-Elect: Christopher Reen, president and publisher of The Oklahoman in Oklahoma City.
- Treasurer: Les Simpson, publisher of the Amarillo Globe-News in Amarillo, Texas.
Six directors will be elected to three-year terms:
- Ricky R. Mathews, president and publisher of The Times-Picayune in New Orleans, as the director from Louisiana.
- Clay Foster, president, publisher and CEO of Journal Inc., in Tupelo, as the director from Mississippi.
- David Woronoff, publisher of The Pilot in Southern Pines, as the director from North Carolina.
- Patrick Birmingham, president and publisher of the Knoxville News Sentinel in Knoxville, as the director from Tennessee.
- Matthew Gray, senior vice president and general counsel of CNHI, as the new director from Oklahoma to replace Chris Reen. Gray previously represented West Virginia.
- And, Pat Richardson, president and publisher of The Virginian-Pilot in Norfolk, as an at-large director.
The Nominating Committee also nominated a new director from West Virginia: Susan Chilton Shumate, the new publisher of the Charleston Gazette-Mail. She will replace Matthew Gray, who becomes the Oklahoma director.
The other members of the SNPA Board of Directors are:
- Paul Barbetta, chief operating officer of the Houston Chronicle, the director from Texas.
- Pamela J. Browning, president and publisher of The Post and Courier, Charleston, the director from South Carolina.
- Tim Burke, publisher and editor of The Palm Beach Post, West Palm Beach, the director from Florida.
- Patrick Dorsey, president and publisher, Herald-Tribune Media Group, Sarasota, Fla., an at-large director.
- Rufus Friday, president and publisher of the Lexington Herald-Leader, the director from Kentucky.
- Eliza Hussman Gaines, vice president of audience development, WEHCO Media Inc., Little Rock, the director from Arkansas.
- Terry H. Jamerson, publisher of The Roanoke Times, the director from Virginia.
- Derek J. May, executive vice president, Morris Publishing Group, Augusta, the director from Georgia.
- Grant Moise, senior vice president, business development and niche products, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas, an at-large director.
- Pam Siddall, president of Advance Central Services, Wilmington, Del., the director from Alabama.
- Jason Taylor, president and publisher of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, an at-large director.
Read about nominations for SNPA Foundation officers and trustees.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here