News Industry Summit
Sept. 14-16, The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, Fla.
Sponsored by SNPA, FPA and FSNE
A TIME FOR OPPORTUNITY
Building a Balanced and Sustainable Business
Follow us on Twitter: #NewsIndustrySummit
|Download the program|
Registration fees for the News Industry Summit will increase by $100 per person on Monday, Aug. 1. Register by Sunday before early-bird rates end.
This year's News Industry Summit is set for Sept. 14-16 in Sarasota, Fla. This is a joint conference sponsored by the Southern Newspaper Publishers Association, the Florida Press Association and the Florida Society of News Editors.
Companies that do business with newspapers also need to act soon to reserve exhibit space and sponsorships. Time is running out to get your listing and ad in the printed conference program.
This year's News Industry Summit will include 24 sessions offering content for all audiences - with general sessions and breakout sessions that simultaneously target dailies, weeklies and editors. You choose the programs that fit your specific interests.
- Read about the breakout session on "Event Revenue"
- Another conference session will be highlighted soon.
Register now to take advantage of early registration fees and special rates for first-time attendees and weekly newspapers. All of these deals end on July 31.
The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive
Sarasota, Florida 34236
Please make your room reservations at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, located at 1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive. The group rate is $189. Reserve your room no later than Aug. 26. However, rooms at the group rate could sell out before Aug. 26. Individual reservations may be made by calling (888) 838-3439. Please reference the SNPA/FPA/FSNE 2016 annual meeting to get the group rate.
To reserve your hotel room online:
Go to: www.ritzcarlton.com/sarasota, enter your dates of stay and enter this GROUP CODE: SNPSNPA. You then will see City View rooms at $189. If you want to reserve pre- or post-conference dates, please call (888) 838-3439 and ask to check availability (otherwise the link may advise the block is full).
For more information, call SNPA at (404) 256-0444, check this site frequently (snpa.org/summit.html) and read the weekly SNPA eBulletin for up-to-date program descriptions and details.
- Southern Lithoplate – Wednesday Evening Reception Sponsor
- Newscycle Solutions – Thursday Group Lunch Sponsor
- LEAP Media Solutions – Wednesday Afternoon Reception Sponsor
- Florida Power & Light – Photo Kiosk Sponsor
- Adpay & Memoriams.com – SNPA's Thursday Awards Breakfast Sponsor
- HubCiti – FPA's Friday Awards Lunch Sponsor
- The Associated Press – General Sessions Sponsor
- Visit Sarasota County – Registration Bag Sponsor
- Second Street – SNPA Photo/Video Contest Sponsor
- Editor & Publisher – Media Sponsor
Meet our conference exhibitors:
- Adpay & Memoriams.com – Adpay was recently acquired by Ancestry.com, and our mission remains the same: growing audience and revenues for our media partners through a suite of innovative solutions. Memoriams obituary self-serve increases local revenues by an average of 30%. The only network strategy, endorsed by the Local Media Consortium, now encompasses over 2,900 newspapers. Regain your Marketplace with Click-N-Buy Classifieds’ proven success and responsive design. Learn more about Adpay's digital and mobile advantages. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 268-1527.
- Creative Circle Media Solutions
- ICANON Newzware – Newzware Business System Software – The best performance value! Circulation management, display and classified advertising, general ledger, accounts payable, editorial and ad production tools are deployed separately or integrated as a complete business environment. ICANON Services ensure a legacy of performance with unequaled personal customer support. ICANON is a System Integration Company incorporated in 1990 and has supported the publishing industry with its Newzware products for over 20 years and specializes in hosted computing applications.
- LEAP Media Solutions – LEAP delivers data-driven audience solutions to optimize growth, engagement and monetization. Clients benefit from otherwise unachievable levels of marketing performance, operational efficiency and new revenue. At the heart of those solutions is a campaign management and automation platform enabling the integration of internal/external/online/offline data – and the reengineering of disjointed marketing projects into a cohesive, systematic & intelligent process for multi-platform audience growth.
- Newscycle Solutions – Newscycle develops and delivers software technology that empowers the global news media industry. Our solutions enable publishers to thrive in a rapidly transforming market. We help our clients in their mission to create stronger, better-informed communities, while protecting the integrity of news, advertising and customer information. Newscycle is a trusted partner serving more than 750 media enterprises, including 1,200 companies with 8,000 properties across 45 countries on six continents. Learn more at: newscycle.com/innovations2016
- Southern Lithoplate