2018 News Industry Summit
Wednesday, Oct. 10 - Friday, Oct. 12
SNPA's 2018 News Industry Summit is not for everybody.
If you've already hit your 2018 revenue goals, you could skip it and experience Nashville any time.
If you know exactly how your company is going to navigate the digital environment and you have a plan in place to counter claims about your credibility, take a vacation instead.
But if your situation mirrors the experience of most newspaper executives ... find a way to be there. Attending this program will pay for itself many times over.
Here are key topics:
- Opportunities for growth and strategies to pay for good journalism - learn more
- Drawing the transformation roadmap, and getting to the desired result - learn more
- How to be a transformative leader - learn more
- Lessons learned by a digital agency
- Crisis PR: How to counter the assault on journalism and media credibility - learn more
- How to build trust and understanding with your audience - learn more
- Best ideas (revenue, cost reduction, staff organization) from SNPA's publisher-to-publisher conferences - learn more
- Foundations of success in sales and sales management - learn more
- Digital disruption in the recorded music industry: what newspapers need to know - learn more
- Why hyper-local news is selling lots of newspapers in Tennessee - learn more
- Getting paid for content: rethinking fair use - learn more
- Digital audience: new avenues for content distribution and creation
- Programming content like a YouTuber - learn more
And there's much more: live music, a fun reception on a rooftop, an exhibition of products to improve your business, legal updates and lots of opportunity to discuss issues that are important to you with colleagues who share your interests and concerns.
There's even a special rate for first time attendees!
The News Industry Summit will be held at the Nashville Hilton. The SNPA room block at the Hilton has been released, but the hotel might have rooms available at its standard pricing. To check availability, call the hotel at (615) 620-1000 (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or dial 1-800-HILTONS.
There are many hotels in and around downtown Nashville. To shop for the best available rate, check your favorite travel website like hotels.com and Travelocity.com
Learn from our conference sponsors and exhibitors:
- Special Evening Event Sponsor and Exhibitor - AMG │ Parade
- Platinum Sponsor, Welcome Reception Sponsor and Exhibitor - Southern Lithoplate
- Thursday Awards Lunch Sponsor, Registration Bag Sponsor and Exhibitor - Site Impact
- Gold Sponsor and Exhibitor - Publication Printers
- Silver Sponsor and Exhibitor - Adpay
- Silver Sponsor, Welcome Reception Sponsor and Exhibitor - Brainworks
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - Creative Circle Media Solutions
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - Interlink
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - Newzware - ICANON
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - NTVB Media
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - TownNews.com
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - Vision Data
- Exhibitor - The Associated Press
- Lanyards Sponsor and Exhibitor - AdCellerant
- Wi-Fi Sponsor - LEAP Media Solutions
- Hotel Keycards Sponsor - Newscycle
- Welcome Reception Sponsor - Cribb, Greene & Cope
- Welcome Reception Sponsor - Dirks, Van Essen, Murray & April
- Welcome Reception Sponsor - PAGE Cooperative
- Media Sponsor - Editor & Publisher