News Industry Summit
Sept. 14-16, The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, Fla.
Sponsored by SNPA, FPA and FSNE
A TIME FOR OPPORTUNITY
Building a Balanced and Sustainable Business
Follow us on Twitter: #NewsIndustrySummit
Southern Newspaper Publishers Association, Florida Press Association and Florida Society of News Editors are collaborating to produce their first jointly-sponsored convention at the beautiful Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Sarasota, Fla., Sept. 14-16.
The three organizations have combined to bring you more sessions, more ideas to take home, and more great speakers than ever.
The theme of this year's convention is "A Time of Opportunity – Building a Sustainable and Balanced Business." The program will feature a mixture of combined sessions that will appeal to all three groups, and separate programs that are targeted specifically at the interests of daily newspapers, weekly newspapers and editors.
Here is a small sampling of what is in store for you:
- The president of Bealls will share his company's strategy for growing a sustainable and balanced business.
- Peter Newton, CEO of GateHouse Media Ventures and chief revenue officer of GateHouse, will share the innovative ideas GateHouse is working on to build for the future.
- Proven events that make money - even for weeklies.
- Revenue ideas that are driving top-line revenue - including ideas specifically for weeklies.
- Design ideas.
- Managing and motivating sales teams.
We also are hoping that we can persuade the presidential candidates to speak, since this meeting is just a few weeks before the election in a critical swing state.
We invite you to mark your calendars now. More information is coming soon!
We hope to see you in Sarasota.
The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive
Sarasota, Florida 34236
Please make your room reservations at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, located at 1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive. The group rate is $189. Reserve your room no later than Aug. 26. However, rooms at the group rate could sell out before Aug. 26. Individual reservations may be made by calling (888) 838-3439. Please reference the SNPA/FPA/FSNE 2016 annual meeting to get the group rate.
For more information, call SNPA at (404) 256-0444, check this site frequently (snpa.org/summit.html) and read the weekly SNPA eBulletin for up-to-date program descriptions and details.
Meet our conference sponsors:
- Southern Lithoplate – Wednesday Evening Reception Sponsor
- LEAP Media Solutions – Wednesday Afternoon Reception Sponsor
- The Associated Press – General Sessions Sponsor
- Second Street – SNPA Photo/Video Contest Sponsor
Meet our conference exhibitors: