News Industry Summit
Sept. 14-16, The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, Fla.
Sponsored by SNPA, FPA and FSNE
A TIME FOR OPPORTUNITY
Building a Balanced and Sustainable Business
Follow us on Twitter: #NewsIndustrySummit
Southern Newspaper Publishers Association, Florida Press Association and Florida Society of News Editors are collaborating to produce their first jointly-sponsored convention at the beautiful Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Sarasota, Fla., Sept. 14-16.
The 2016 News Industry Summit will help you create a blueprint for a balanced and sustainable business. Here are highlights:
- Forward-thinking executives from metro dailies, community newspapers and weeklies will discuss strategies for future growth and profitability.
- The CEO of Bealls will offer perspectives on the challenges that retailers face and their expectations of media partners.
- The Center for Innovation and Sustainability will outline media transformation research about innovative news and digital product solutions.
- A "what if" exercise to create contingencies for changes in revenue streams.
- 18 breakout sessions that cover topics like: events, digital revenue, blitz selling, culture transformation, legal issues, design, story planning and many more.
- More than 20 exhibitors and sponsors who will present their latest products and services to improve operations, solve problems and grow revenue.
On Friday afternoon, as the Summit concludes, the Florida Press Association will hold its awards luncheon followed by a three-hour design session led by Tim Harrower. Register for the luncheon and/or design session
We hope you will join us!
The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive
Sarasota, Florida 34236
Please make your room reservations at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, located at 1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive. The group rate is $189. Reserve your room no later than Aug. 26. However, rooms at the group rate could sell out before Aug. 26. Individual reservations may be made by calling (888) 838-3439. Please reference the SNPA/FPA/FSNE 2016 annual meeting to get the group rate.
To reserve your hotel room online:
Go to: www.ritzcarlton.com/sarasota, enter your dates of stay and enter this GROUP CODE: SNPSNPA. You then will see City View rooms at $189. If you want to reserve pre- or post-conference dates, please call (888) 838-3439 and ask to check availability (otherwise the link may advise the block is full).
For more information, call SNPA at (404) 256-0444, check this site frequently (snpa.org/summit.html) and read the weekly SNPA eBulletin for up-to-date program descriptions and details.
- Southern Lithoplate – Wednesday Evening Reception Sponsor
- LEAP Media Solutions – Wednesday Afternoon Reception Sponsor
- Adpay – SNPA's Friday Awards Breakfast Sponsor
- HubCiti – FPA's Friday Awards Lunch Sponsor
- The Associated Press – General Sessions Sponsor
- Second Street – SNPA Photo/Video Contest Sponsor
Meet our conference exhibitors:
- ICANON Newzware – Newzware Business System Software – The best performance value! Circulation management, display and classified advertising, general ledger, accounts payable, editorial and ad production tools are deployed separately or integrated as a complete business environment. ICANON Services ensure a legacy of performance with unequaled personal customer support. ICANON is a System Integration Company incorporated in 1990 and has supported the publishing industry with its Newzware products for over 20 years and specializes in hosted computing applications.
- LEAP Media Solutions – LEAP delivers data-driven audience solutions to optimize growth, engagement and monetization. Clients benefit from otherwise unachievable levels of marketing performance, operational efficiency and new revenue. At the heart of those solutions is a campaign management and automation platform enabling the integration of internal/external/online/offline data – and the reengineering of disjointed marketing projects into a cohesive, systematic & intelligent process for multi-platform audience growth.
- Southern Lithoplate