Tom Silvestri nominated as president of SNPA for 2013-14
Thomas A. Silvestri, president and publisher of the Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch, will be nominated during the SNPA News Industry Summit to be the next president of SNPA.
SNPA members will elect officers for 2013-14 on Sunday, Oct. 13, in Sarasota, Fla.
In addition to Silvestri, the following nominations will be made for officers:
- Chairman: Digby Solomon, president, publisher and CEO, Daily Press, Newport News, Va.
- President-Elect: Charles Hill Morris Jr., regional manager, Morris Multimedia, Atlanta, Ga.
- Treasurer: Robert J. Weil, vice president/operations, The McClatchy Co., Sacramento, Calif.
|Digby Solomon||Charles Hill Morris||Bob Weil|
The SNPA Board of Directors consists of one director from each of the 14 SNPA states, and four at-large directors. Terms on the board are staggered.
Nominated this year for seats on the board are:
- Arkansas: Eliza Hussman Gaines, executive editor, Hot Springs Sentinel-Record.
- Florida: David Dunn-Rankin, president and publisher, The Sun, Port Charlotte.
- Kentucky: Rufus Friday, publisher, Lexington Herald-Leader.
- South Carolina: Pamela J. ("PJ") Browning, The Post and Courier, Charleston.
- At-Large: Michael Ferguson, president and CEO, Stephens Media LLC, Las Vegas, Nev.
- At-Large: Michael Redding, CEO, Halifax Media Group, Daytona Beach, Fla.
|Eliza Gaines||David Dunn-Rankin||Rufus Friday|
|P.J. Browning||Michael Ferguson||Michael Redding|
Three directors are leaving the board after this year's convention:
- Nat Lea, president of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Little Rock.
- Kyle B. Osteen, co-owner, Osteen Publishing Co., Sumter, S.C.
- Scott C. Schurz, Jr., president, editor and publisher, Advocate Communications, Danville, Ky.
Directors continuing on the board are:
- Tim Burke, publisher and editor, The Palm Beach Post, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Clay Foster, president, publisher and CEO, Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, Tupelo, Miss.
- Carol Hudler, special assistant to U.S. Community Publishing president, Gannett Co., Inc., Nashville, Tenn.
- Ricky R. Mathews, president and publisher, The Times-Picayune, New Orleans, La.
- F. Steve McPhaul, executive vice president/corporate operations, Community Newspaper Holdings Inc., Montgomery, Ala.
- David Mele, publisher, The Virginian-Pilot, Norfolk, Va.
- Grant Moise, senior vice president, business development and niche products, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas.
- Burgett H. Mooney III, president, News Publishing Company, Rome, Ga.
- Christopher P. Reen, president and publisher, The Oklahoman, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Pam Siddall, vice president of local digital strategy, Advance Publications, Birmingham, Ala.
- Lester T. Simpson, publisher, Amarillo Globe-News, Amarillo, Texas.
- David Woronoff, publisher, The Pilot, Southern Pines, N.C.
KeywordsSNPA, Board of Directors, Silvestri, Richmond, Solomon, Newport News, Morris, Weil, McClatchy, Gaines, Hot Springs, Dunn-Rankin, Port Charlotte, Friday, Lexington, Browning, Charleston, Ferguson, Stephens Media, Redding, Halifax, Lea, Little Rock, Osteen, Sumter, Schurz, Danville, Burke, West Palm Beach, Foster, Tupelo, Hudler, Gannett, Mathews, New Orleans, McPhaul, CNHI, Mele, Norfolk, Moise, Dallas, Mooney, Rome, Reen, Oklahoma City, Siddall, Birmingham, Simpson, Amarillo, Woronoff, Southern Pines
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here