Tom Silvestri nominated as president of SNPA for 2013-14
Thomas A. Silvestri, president and publisher of the Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch, will be nominated during the SNPA News Industry Summit to be the next president of SNPA.
SNPA members will elect officers for 2013-14 on Sunday, Oct. 13, in Sarasota, Fla.
In addition to Silvestri, the following nominations will be made for officers:
- Chairman: Digby Solomon, president, publisher and CEO, Daily Press, Newport News, Va.
- President-Elect: Charles Hill Morris Jr., regional manager, Morris Multimedia, Atlanta, Ga.
- Treasurer: Robert J. Weil, vice president/operations, The McClatchy Co., Sacramento, Calif.
|Digby Solomon||Charles Hill Morris||Bob Weil|
The SNPA Board of Directors consists of one director from each of the 14 SNPA states, and four at-large directors. Terms on the board are staggered.
Nominated this year for seats on the board are:
- Arkansas: Eliza Hussman Gaines, executive editor, Hot Springs Sentinel-Record.
- Florida: David Dunn-Rankin, president and publisher, The Sun, Port Charlotte.
- Kentucky: Rufus Friday, publisher, Lexington Herald-Leader.
- South Carolina: Pamela J. ("PJ") Browning, The Post and Courier, Charleston.
- At-Large: Michael Ferguson, president and CEO, Stephens Media LLC, Las Vegas, Nev.
- At-Large: Michael Redding, CEO, Halifax Media Group, Daytona Beach, Fla.
|Eliza Gaines||David Dunn-Rankin||Rufus Friday|
|P.J. Browning||Michael Ferguson||Michael Redding|
Three directors are leaving the board after this year's convention:
- Nat Lea, president of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Little Rock.
- Kyle B. Osteen, co-owner, Osteen Publishing Co., Sumter, S.C.
- Scott C. Schurz, Jr., president, editor and publisher, Advocate Communications, Danville, Ky.
Directors continuing on the board are:
- Tim Burke, publisher and editor, The Palm Beach Post, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Clay Foster, president, publisher and CEO, Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, Tupelo, Miss.
- Carol Hudler, special assistant to U.S. Community Publishing president, Gannett Co., Inc., Nashville, Tenn.
- Ricky R. Mathews, president and publisher, The Times-Picayune, New Orleans, La.
- F. Steve McPhaul, executive vice president/corporate operations, Community Newspaper Holdings Inc., Montgomery, Ala.
- David Mele, publisher, The Virginian-Pilot, Norfolk, Va.
- Grant Moise, senior vice president, business development and niche products, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas.
- Burgett H. Mooney III, president, News Publishing Company, Rome, Ga.
- Christopher P. Reen, president and publisher, The Oklahoman, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Pam Siddall, vice president of local digital strategy, Advance Publications, Birmingham, Ala.
- Lester T. Simpson, publisher, Amarillo Globe-News, Amarillo, Texas.
- David Woronoff, publisher, The Pilot, Southern Pines, N.C.