Whether you choose to get involved to gain leadership opportunities, build your resume, or give back to the profession, you'll find a meaningful experience in the SNPA community.
Be a resource for SNPA. Volunteer as a regular contributor to the My SNPA LinkedIn page. Share a news tip for the eBulletin, write an article for the eBulletin or share possible sources (maybe you!) or ideas for future articles. Send us links to articles in your paper that contain news about your paper. Share a GREAT IDEA from your newspaper that we'll be happy to write about.
Share your expertise. Volunteer to present a webinar on a topic that will benefit SNPA members.
Become a presenter. Submit your idea for an session at an SNPA conference.
Become a Mentor. SNPA's year-long NEX GEN mentorship program offers newspaper professionals with executive potential the opportunity to develop their industry knowledge, analytical skills and aptitude for innovation. Volunteer as a mentor.
Volunteer as a Contest Judge. We need people every summer to judge our annual contests:
- Carmage Walls Commentary Prize – The prize is named for the late Benjamin Carmage Walls and honors strong, courageous and positive editorial page leadership.
- Photo / Video Contest – These awards recognize excellence in both still photos (spot news, features and sports) and videos.
- Print Quality Contest –Contest judges score newspapers for black ink density and uniformity, color ink density and uniformity, color register, page alignment, litho defects and other defects. Encourage your skilled production staff members to get involved!
Lend your support. Help support SNPA and the future of the newspaper industry.
- Influence your peers. How has SNPA membership benefited you? Share your story with colleagues. Send us your testimonial (in writing or in a video).
- Invest. SNPA's mission is to be the most valuable personal network for publishers to find and exchange ideas, solve problems and develop their businesses. Share your suggestions with us! And, support the work of the SNPA Foundation, which provides professional development programs for newspaper employees.
Connect with SNPA's R&D partners. SNPA's R&D partners are the research and development arm of the newspaper industry. Visit with them at SNPA conferences.
R&D partner opportunities. SNPA's R&D partners support the newspaper industry and SNPA in a variety of ways.
- Advertise. Ads may be placed in the eBulletin, on our website and in the printed programs distributed at SNPA conferences.
- Strategic Partner Program. SNPA has established strategic partnerships with companies that will help its member newspapers cut costs, grow revenue, and access essential benchmarking data. Additional partnerships are invited to expand the program.
- Become sponsors/exhibitors at SNPA conferences. Learn about oportunities at the Annual Meeting and Mega-Conference.
- List your company in SNPA's Virtual TradeShow. Check out your listing and let us know if changes need to be made.
Questions about membership? Contact: