Date posted: 6/26/18
The Argus Observer is a six-day morning newspaper, 4,300 circulation and a TMC of 16,000. It is a division of Wick Communications, a family-owned multi-media company, now in its third generation, with operations in community markets in 11 states.
We are seeking dynamic forward-thinking Publisher candidates who understand the challenges of our industry and are determined to be successful for our Ontario, Ore., market.
Successful candidates will have proven skills in increasing top line revenue and EBITDA, starting aggressive digital strategies, diversification, experience building a cohesive team and strategic planning experience.
* Strategic planning and execution for print and digital revenue development
* A digital leader, who is knowledgeable about digital technologies and has a proven track-record of driving digital sales performance
* New business development and innovation to generate profitable revenue growth
* Leading everyday training and coaching efforts to maximize sales performance
* Ability to analyze market conditions and competitive business situations, identify new business opportunities and to implement creative sales strategies
* P & L management, expense control
* Working knowledge of press, production and commercial print operations
* Employee relations and development
* Exceptional communication, time management and planning skills are required. Solid leadership track record of sales management experience preferably in the media business and or Publisher experience with a sales background is required.
Wick Communications provides comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation.