P.J. Browning elected president of SNPA for 2018-19
P.J. Browning, publisher of The Post and Courier in Charleston, S.C., was elected president of SNPA for 2018-19 at the News Industry Summit in Nashville.
In addition to Browning, the following officers also were elected:
- Chairman: Patrick Dorsey, publisher, Austin American-Statesman, Austin, Texas, and regional vice president, GateHouse Media, Florida and Alabama.
- President-Elect: Tim Burke, publisher of The Palm Beach Post and Palm Beach Daily News, West Palm Beach, Fla., and group publisher, GateHouse Media.
- Treasurer: Nat Lea, president and CEO, WEHCO Media, Little Rock, Ark.
Pictured above: Pat Dorsey, Tim Burke and Nat Lea
SNPA Board of Directors
Pictured above (top row): Mike Gebhart, James Paxton, Kenny Denny and William Bronson
Second row: Mike Fishman, Brian Jarvis, Marisa Porto and Judi Terzotis
Eight newspaper executives were elected to seats on the SNPA Board of Directors:
- Mike Gebhart, executive vice president, Southern Community Newspapers, Lawrenceville, Ga., as the director from Georgia.
- James Paxton, vice president/controller, Paxton Media Group, Paducah, Ky., as the director from Kentucky.
- Kevin Denny, vice president and general manager, Advance Central Services Southeast, New Orleans, La., the director from Louisiana.
- William Bronson, CEO, publisher and president, Journal Inc., Tupelo, Miss., the director from Mississippi.
- R. Michael Fishman, publisher and editor of the Citizen Tribune in Morristown, Tenn., the director from Tennessee.
- Brian Jarvis, president and owner, NCWV Media, Clarksburg, W.Va., the director from West Virginia.
- Marisa Porto, publisher and editor-in-chief, Daily Press, Newport News, Va., an at-large director.
- Judi Terzotis, president, The Advocate, Baton Rouge, La., an at-large director.
Read about elections of officers and trustees for the SNPA Foundation
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here