How to be a team player
Here are some steps toward better team work:
- Volunteer to help your fellow team members when they need it
- Act – don't gripe. When something bothers you, do something to make it better. Don't just complain about it. Offer a solution and be prepared to carry it out.
- Learn to make compromises with others. As long as you are part of a group, you will not always get your own way. Learn to be gracious when the team decides to go with someone else's idea.
- Think about the future needs of the team. Discuss your thoughts with your teammates and encourage them to work together to meet those needs.
- Show that you value teammates' time. When you meet with other team members, be prepared. Don't waste people's time by not being ready to work in a group setting.
- Respect the confidences of others and keep private information private. Place sensitive information in drawers or cabinets and lock them. If you need to have a private phone conversation, go to a place where you will not be overheard.
Jules Ciotta is president of Motivation Communications Associates. He can be reached at (770) 457-4100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here