Free Webinar: Five Ways to Enhance Your Paper's Obituary Category
The webinar recording can be viewed anytime if this date does not work for you!
Obituaries and newspapers: Once, these two always went together, and this relationship provided publishers with a powerful traffic driver and an unbeatable revenue stream. But today's readers face unique economic pressures, and they have new ideas about how to best announce and remember a death in the community. The result? Nationwide, obituary volume is down 19 percent and falling.
The good news: Obituaries are still the most visited section of every newspaper, and we have tools to turn that fact into more traffic and revenue. Using insights gained from working with 1,500+ newspapers, Legacy.com's Ronald Speechley will show you five easy ways to revitalize your obituaries (and their revenue potential).
You'll learn how to:
- Strengthen relationships with your funeral home partners, with
- Unique options to encourage them to work on your behalf.
- Teach your readers why obituaries are important.
- Make it easier for them to place one.
- Increase volume with creative pricing options, packages, and formats.
If you can't participate on Sept. 12, no problem! Register anyway and view a recording of the webinar at your convenience.
Please email Paulette Sheffield at email@example.com if you do not have the SNPA member code for our webinars. See below for details about registering free.
Ron Speechley works closely with the newspaper partners in an effort to maximize the obituary category. Prior to Legacy, he spent 20+ years working for SRDS and built many relationships with newspapers across the country.
SNPA members can register for webinars at no cost. The registration fee is $35 for other newspapers ($45 after Sept. 9). Registrations will be accepted up until the day of the webinar.
Registration instructions for SNPA members:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the COUPON CODE to register free (if you don't already have the SNPA code)
- Click here to begin the registration process
- Click on REGISTER NOW
- Fill in the required fields and select the number of registrations in the drop down "SPACES"
- Ignore the $35 price
- In the COUPON CODE field, enter the code that Paulette Sheffield gave you.
- Hit SUBMIT
*Can't attend the program at this time? Sign up for the program and watch it when it's convenient for you with our webinar archives. You receive free access as part of your registration.
For registration questions, please contact:
If you need assistance immediately prior to a webinar, please contact: (515) 244-2145.