Free Webinar: Foundations - Ledes, Sources and Meetings
The webinar recording can be viewed anytime if this date does not work for you!
During this webinar, we'll dig into some of the foundations of journalism:
- We'll take a comprehensive look at ledes and what makes them jump. And while we're at it, how can we take a story, and start preparing for a follow-up or bigger story?
- Getting sources and maintaining them is half the job. This webinar will discuss how to approach the people you need to know on your beat and how to build mutually rewarding connections with sources.
- How do you make the most out of every meeting, including a better attack on print and digital, and a bona fide roster of enterprise stories in the future? We'll look at proactive tactics to keep meeting coverage relevant.
If you can't participate on May 23, no problem! Register anyway and view a recording of the webinar at your convenience.
Please email Paulette Sheffield at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have the SNPA member code for our webinars. See below for details about registering free.
Tim Schmitt has spent decades in various newsrooms – some print, and some broadcast. He was a sports reporter, news reporter, and then managing editor of his hometown paper, the Tonawanda News in New York, where he led an award-winning editorial page. He has worked as an editor, staffer and longtime contributor with the Arizona Daily Sun, the Mesa Tribune, the Arizona Republic, the Buffalo Current, and the Niagara Falls Gazette, where he was executive sports editor over four dailies.
SNPA members can register for webinars at no cost. The registration fee is $35 for other newspapers ($45 after May 20). Registrations will be accepted up until the day of the webinar.
Registration instructions for SNPA members:
- Email email@example.com for the COUPON CODE to register free (if you don't already have the SNPA code)
- Click here to begin the registration process
- Click on REGISTER NOW
- Fill in the required fields and select the number of registrations in the drop down "SPACES"
- Ignore the $35 price
- In the COUPON CODE field, enter the code that Paulette Sheffield gave you.
- Hit SUBMIT
*Can't attend the program at this time? Sign up for the program and watch it when it's convenient for you with our webinar archives. You receive free access as part of your registration.
For registration questions, please contact:
If you need assistance immediately prior to a webinar, please contact: (515) 244-2145.