SNPA welcomes new members, including first digital-only member
During last Friday's SNPA board meeting in Richmond, new SNPA members were approved: our first digital-only member, an individual member, and nine research and development partners.
Coastal Empire News offers a daily general news website and a family of niche daily news sites in each of its markets, edited by four professional journalists who have all been employed by various print daily news companies in the area. The dailies are SavannahDailyNews.com and BrunswickDailyNews.com.
Coastal Empire News recently redesigned new Facebook and Twitter personas for both dailies and launched "news channels" on YouTube for each market as well. It's using YouTube as the methodology for both the staff and the public to post and send video for new video areas on each daily website.
President and Publisher Lou Phelps also is managing principal of the international consulting firm of Phelps, Cutler & Associates. PC&A is a division of CEN, with a website for clients at www.PhelpsCutler.com. Phelps can be reached at email@example.com or (912) 388-4692.
Individual and research & development partners (associate members)
- Brian Steffens and the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute – RJI is a new associate member and Brian Steffens, director of communications at RJI, is a new individual member. This 50,000-square-foot facility on the University of Missouri campus has state-of-the-art resources to test and demonstrate new technologies, experiment with new approaches to producing, designing and delivering news, information and advertising, and to host conferences that can be live-streamed around the world. Steffens can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 882-8251.
- Broadcast Interactive Media: BIM provides data services and productivity tools that drive revenue growth for advertising and online publishers. The company accomplishes this through its ad optimization platform and data service product lines. Michael Schuck Jr. is vice president, local sales and can be reached at (608) 255-8160 or email@example.com.
HDS Premier Consulting helps newspapers increase gross revenue, improve profit margin and save money. HDS' flagship, VirtanzaTM Sales Training, Management Coaching and Certification program, pays for itself and generates a pipeline of sales deals, both short- and long-term. Key clients include Dix Communications, Harris Enterprises, The Oregonian, Detroit Media Partnership/Gannett and Brehm Communications. Debbie Holzkamp is president and can be reached at (714) 932-2284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kostizi: Kostizi helps newspapers and media partners drive additional revenue to their bottom line with a toolset that includes offers, ticketing, coupons, rewards, gift cards and loyalty under one hood. The Kostizi model is a profitable model, and is built by publishers with publishers in mind. Recapture your local market! Sue Jones is chief operating officer and can be reached at (801) 413-0266 or email@example.com.
- NewsCheck Media LLC, which publishes NetNewsCheck.com and its companion e-newsletters, offers a rich source of news about the industry. It is a daily must-read for group CEOs, group publishers, publishers, digital chiefs, sales chiefs and content chiefs at most major newspaper companies. Kathy Haley is publisher and can be reached at khaley@NewsCheckMedia.com or (484) 412-8297.
- Search Influence provides a white-label platform for newspapers to sell SEO and social media to advertisers. Search Influence helps newspapers offer online marketing solutions that advertisers want without the cost of building a digital agency. Kelly Benish is vice president of sales and marketing and can be reached at (504) 208-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trippons.com helps newspapers generate revenue with its plug & play mobile marketing program. Business-driven mobile coupons deliver customers to local merchants. Full monthly data reporting directly to each merchant. Free for customers, one annual flat fee for merchants. Be the successful mobile provider for local business. Exclusive sales agreements. This simple program is succeeding from Taos to Chicago! Kent Myers is CEO and can be reached at (970) 390-7207 or email@example.com.
Universal Media, Inc.: Universal Media was founded in 1986 by three media executives with more than 60 years of extensive hands on experience in media planning, buying and strategy. The mission of Universal Media is to provide a complete package of strategic media buying and marketing services that are unequaled to any in the business. Universal Media specializes in working with retail chains that require in-depth marketing and analysis involving all facets of media placement. Norman Kleinberg is vice president, print media, and can be reached at (717) 795-7990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zope Corporation: Zope's newest product, Zebrareach (www.zebrareach.com), is a geo-aware loyalty management and communication platform for small business. Zebrareach combines the best features of mobile apps with the simplicity of loyalty cards, providing merchants insightful information about their customers. Zebrareach affords newspapers a recurring revenue opportunity from selling the subscription-based service. Robert Page is CEO and can be reached at (540) 361-1700 or email@example.com.