Automatically check your emails for AP style
AP StyleGuard for Outlook, powered by Equiom Linguistic Labs, is a powerful yet easy solution that integrates with Microsoft Outlook and provides automatic checking of your emails for AP style. Using defined structures and rules, StyleGuard helps ensure the consistency of your writing style, similar to Word's spelling and grammar checkers. It saves you the time of manually referring to the AP Stylebook and offers recommendations on items you might not have realized are covered by AP style.
No matter what type of writing you do, you can rest assured that StyleGuard helps you stay on top of the current spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage guidelines from the journalist's bible.
StyleGuard includes current AP Stylebook guidance, with rules updated throughout the year to keep your emails covered by new additions and changes responding to news events and the evolution of the language.
StyleGuard features include:
- You can choose to have your emails checked automatically in Microsoft Outlook as you type.
- Each proposed correction is clearly highlighted in the email and shows you the corresponding AP style, so you always know why something was flagged as an error.
- Easy-to-understand features are similar to other proofing tools, including Ignore All, Apply and Apply All.
- Users can easily install multiple style guides from Equiom, with the ability to turn on/off specific guides and search for specific rules.
- Additional calculators, tables and real-time data links, such as Web references, help make your writing faster and more accurate.
StyleGuard operates on Windows XP and higher and on Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010. No additional hardware or software is needed. Internet connection (for initial activation). StyleGuard for Outlook is not compatible with Mac at this time.
- Learn more (including subscription rates)