Roundtables provide dozens of good ideas for Southern papers
These programs are designed for publishers and circulation executives in: South Carolina, Virginia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee.
The Roundtables are hosted by state press associations, in conjunction with SNPA.
These programs will address topics from management and circulation to generating advertising sales revenue. There is no cost to attend, but advance registration is required. A working lunch will be provided.
The creation of these type of partnerships with other media organizations is one of the key objectives adopted last year as part of SNPA's new Strategic Plan.
Roundtable for South Carolina Publishers – Friday, Sept. 13
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at SCPA offices in Columbia.
Virginia Roundtable for Circulation Executives – Friday, Oct. 18
- This free program is for circulation executives. It will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Virginia Press Association headquarters.
- Moderator: Sue Baker, circulation services manager with The Free Lance-Star in Fredericksburg.
- Register by Oct. 4.
Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi Roundtable for Publishers – Thursday, Nov. 7
- This program will run from 9 a.m. - Noon at the Ameristar Casino, in Vicksburg, Miss. It is being held in conjunction with the Arkansas-Louisiana-Mississippi Circulation Conference that afternoon.
Tennessee Publishers – Friday, Nov. 8
- Join us from 10:45 a.m. until 3 p.m. (Central), at the offices of The Tennessean (second floor conference room) in Nashville.
- Advance registration is required. To register, email Greg Sherrill, executive director of TPA, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal at each of these programs is for participants to leave with dozens of new ideas they can use at their newspapers. Participants are asked to bring about 30 copies of materials they wish to share.