SNPA's NEX GEN mentor program helps newspaper employees with executive potential develop leadership skills and grow professionally.
NEX GEN protégés and their mentors will craft their own agenda, schedule times to talk by phone at least once a month, and set a time for a personal visit.
SNPA also arranges group video conference calls for participants about every six weeks and invites the group to participate in online networking opportunities with key industry executives.
The NEX GEN Class of 2018-19 includes:
- Mark Adams, audience acquisition and retention manager for The Post and Courier in Charleston, S.C.
- Ethan Aden, digital sales manager for the Northwest Florida Daily News, Fort Walton Beach, Fla.
- Mickie Anderson, local news editor at The Gainesville Sun, Gainesville, Fla.
- Tonya Maddox, publisher of the Montrose Daily Press, Montrose, Colo.
- Cliff McCollum, managing editor of Gulf Coast Media, Foley, Ala.
- Andrea Vick, local sales manager for the Austin American-Statesman, Austin, Texas.
Read bios of 2018-19 NEX GEN participants. MORE
Conan Gallaty, one of the country's leaders in digital publishing and innovation, has been named chief digital officer of the Tampa Bay Times.MORE
One-size-fits-all is no more true in digital services agency business models than in any other industry revenue initiative. This session at the SNPA-Inland Annual Meeting looks at two approaches to digital agencies: the single-location, high-end and local fulfillment service model represented by The Oklahoman's BigWing, and the multi-location, SMB-focused, local fulfillment service model that WEHCO Digital Media's Flypaper is pursuing.
No matter the approach, this session will tackle the questions most on publishers' minds: How are the agencies structured and built – and are they profitable?MORE
Robert Forcey has been appointed publisher of The Tribune-Democrat in Johnstown and its sister Maryland paper, The Cumberland Times-News.More
Star-Herald Publisher Roger Tollefson, 56, died unexpectedly at his home on Wednesday, March 6.More