The SNPA Board of Directors elected five trustees for the SNPA Foundation at its meeting in Nashville on Wednesday morning, Oct. 10.
The trustees, in turn, elected their officers – also on Wednesday morning.MORE
SNPA's NEX GEN mentor program helps newspaper employees with executive potential develop leadership skills and grow professionally.
NEX GEN protégés and their mentors will craft their own agenda, schedule times to talk by phone at least once a month, and set a time for a personal visit.
SNPA also arranges group video conference calls for participants about every six weeks and invites the group to participate in online networking opportunities with key industry executives.
The NEX GEN Class of 2018-19 includes:
- Mark Adams, audience acquisition and retention manager for The Post and Courier in Charleston, S.C.
- Ethan Aden, digital sales manager for the Northwest Florida Daily News, Fort Walton Beach, Fla.
- Mickie Anderson, local news editor at The Gainesville Sun, Gainesville, Fla.
- Tonya Maddox, publisher of the Montrose Daily Press, Montrose, Colo.
- Cliff McCollum, managing editor of Gulf Coast Media, Foley, Ala.
- Andrea Vick, local sales manager for the Austin American-Statesman, Austin, Texas.
Read bios of 2018-19 NEX GEN participants. MORE
The trustees, in turn, will elect their officers – also that same morning.
Read full details about these nominations. MORE
When Pinehurst, N.C., hosted its third U.S. Open and fourth U.S. Women's Open Championships, The Pilot set out to become "the paper of record for the U.S. Open.” Publisher David Woronoff said, “We wanted to own it in a way that no other medium could, save NBC." Here's how they did it.MORE
Four major changes have been announced at The Pilot: publishing frequency, new and improved websites, a paid subscription model and a building renovation.MORE
It's not necessarily the strongest who survive and thrive, but those who adapt the most quickly to the changes in the market. The Tuesday morning general session at the Mega-Conference will feature the leaders of the companies that are adapting the fastest. What's their secret? How are they able to move the needle as other companies have failed?More
You'll want to stay until Wednesday morning at this year's Mega-Conference. We have the hottest topics set for our Roundtable sessions so bring your burning questions and come ready to learn the best ideas in the industry.More